When marketing a business, the internet is your best tool to achieve sales results. Therefore, the first thing that a business needs is a modern website. If your company already has a website and is not attracting any customers online then there is something wrong with your marketing approach.
The internet has become a convenient tool for buyers to compare and shop for products and services in a fast and efficient manner. A potential buyer can go online using a mobile device and compare products, services, and prices in a matter of minutes. They can research social media for positive and negative feedback and read reviews on google to come to a decision on weather to do business with a company. Purchasing decisions are made relatively quickly today because the amount of information that is shared online about a company. This online information should be easily searchable, welcoming to consumers, and updated regularly to maintain relevancy.
If your company doesn’t have a marketing plan that adapts to consumer internet behavior then you’re missing out on a big piece of the pie. Every day at RankWorks, we work with new clients that have had a difficult experience building their online presence. We work closely with them to build their brands and position their companies to convert sales opportunities from the internet. We use a 5 prong marketing approach to achieve success online for our clients and it works!
- Design and build a modern website
- A website should always be modern and updated regularly. Google’s search algorithm basically powers the internet and if you want your company to appear in Google’s search results then it needs to comply with its basic development guidelines. All of RankWork’s websites are designed from the ground up and we don’t use any templates. Templates are typically used by thousands of websites and this causes Google’s algorithm to view a templated website as redundant. Having an original website with proprietary code and design is important for a company’s online presence and Google will view this as positive.
- Mobile Compatibility
- Every website that RankWorks builds is designed with a mobile first approach. Google’s algorithm is programmed to list companies with mobile website versions ahead of companies that don’t. Therefore, if you want to get ahead of your competition online, you better have a mobile designed website. According to Google’s stats more than 50% of online searches are now done through a mobile device and more then 60% of internet traffic originates from mobile devices. The mobile statistic for Facebook is even more dominant. According to Facebook, 96% of Facebook users access it on mobile devices.
- Search Engine Marketing
- The best way to drive new business from the internet is with a good search engine marketing strategy. Google Ads network is designed with the purpose that a company can pay for prominent placement in search engine results. The benefit of marketing your business with a Pay Per Click campaign is that you are targeting buyers that have intent to purchase with keywords that they are typing into search engines. This will guarantee that quality traffic will be directed to your company’s website and that the chances of generating conversions are very high if your website has good “call to actions”.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- When designing a new website a strong SEO strategy needs to be implemented. This will provide free organic internet traffic that is relevant to your business. When done correctly, SEO should be a revenue generating marketing strategy that explains to search engines what your business does and how it is relevant to people who are searching for keyword related results. A lot of work goes into SEO and its not something you do once and never look at it again. SEO is an evolving marketing strategy that requires persistence and know how. There are specific Google guidelines on how to optimize websites for their search engine and if done wrong, a website can be penalized. Usually, a good SEO strategy starts showing results within a few months and then it’s up to the SEO expert to improve those results with good content, submissions, backlinks, and other components.
- Social Media
- It’s important to understand that many buyers use social media to decide whether or not to do business with a company. Social media marketing is a very important strategy and should be relied on when building a company’s public image, growing a loyal following, creating brand awareness, launching promotions, and engaging with potential buyers. Social media Management is a long-term process that requires commitment in order to grow a company’s social presence. It is one of the best tools available to create reputation awareness when showcasing good work and managing client’s expectations. Even-though social media marketing is time consuming and requires graphics skills to post new content, it’s worth it. There is no better “social proof” than having a lot of positive client reviews on multiple social media platforms.
For more information on how RankWorks can help grow your business online please contact us for a free online business ranking analysis.